Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default DJ software with specific options?

On 6/11/2019 12:37 AM, JBI wrote:
I want to start the fade out process at 1 min regardless of song length)
nor does it have compression plugins.Â* Is there any other free
alternatives that might have what I'm seeking?Â* If not, that's a lot of
songs I am going to have to trim in my DAW, add compression or limiting,
and then feed into Mixxx.

I don't know anything about specific DJ software, but I can't imagine a
DJ wanting the same fade on every song, so I'm not surprised that you
can't find that feature. As far as EQ. compression, and limiting, you
might find a "mastering" feature that makes its best guess as to what a
song might need to make it sound more like a target song, but usually
this is done by ear with the DJ getting his own sound.

Honestly, I think you're either just being too lazy or you're expecting
AI to take over your job prematurely. With all the things you've been
asking for, it sounds like you have a good idea of what you want to do
with the material, but you should be doing it like an engineer. You can
open a song in an editor program, find the end, highlight one minute
back, and press the Fadeout button. You might find that it's fading too
fast or too slow and you'll want to try a different curve.

You can do this in Audacity, but I'd suggest Sound Forge Studio. It's
$59, but they have a "365" version that's a subscription version,
$5/month with the first month for $1 so you can try it out. You'll
probably like it.

https://www.magix.com/us/music/sound...-audio-studio/

or a better deal is last year's version, Audio Studio 12, for $23 from
Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/SOUND-FORGE-A.../dp/B074PYNPJK