Posted to rec.audio.tech
Peibyn Peibyn is offline

Default How to get reverb on vocals while recording?

Would be grateful to hear if technology has come up with new ways of adding reverb to vocals while recording.

30 years ago (when I was recording vocals) the microphone fed into an amplifier (the sort that guitarists use), the amplifier added the reverb, and then a line went from the amplifier into the sound recording equipment.

This will still work of course, and today I saw that the local music shop has an impressive array of amplifiers, and some are now quite small and with more effects than just "Reverb", but I thought I ought to check that there isn't some new or easier way.

Thanks.