Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default New year's resolution

Someone said.....

** Ambiguous drivel.

Someone demanded....

Define "new".

Somebody else answered...

Different.

And then it bantered along with .....

And you cannot teach such a rare talent to anyone.

I would question whether the talent to design a valve amplifier is as rare
as
you imply,

** Creativity in any field is a rare talent.

Define "creativity".

"Creative" often means you do a heck of a lot, but the whole operation
isn't profitable.

--
Regards,

John Byrns

All I can say is that its very difficult to be unique these days because
not enough history has been erased. Being different is extremely easy;
you just have to do what legions of engineers would never do, and
whether it sounds good while measuring terribly is a moot point;
if it doesn'r smoke.

Patrick Turner.