hollywood_steve

*****
"Richard Tomkins" wrote in message ws.com...

What about using APC systems?

*****
I'll again suggest one of the Oneac units since they have builtin power

conditioning, often useful in dodgy house power environments.

*****

I chose the TrippLite over the APC units partially because the only
APC units that I saw in person were really cheap looking plastic
things. (I'm sure they make better products, but I didn't actually
see any). The TrippLite model I purchased is a reasonably solid 1RU
steel chassis that looks like it might hold up to road use. The APC
models looked more like they were made to sit under your desk (and be
careful not to kick it or step on the case, it might break!)

And none of the places I went to to check out UPS units had the Oneac
brand; this is the first I have heard of it. My TrippLite model is
certainly not a high end unit, but it offers much more capacity than I
need and it looked like it would hold up to location work. (damn,
that's another rack case to buy....)

*****
Put it on
the UPS and pull the plug and see what happens.
*****

Considering that a pulled plug cost me the data on a hard drive, I
don't think this is what I should do!!! I'll contact the manufacturer
of the recorder to inquire about this 2 to 4 millisecond delay.

steve