Mike Rivers

In article writes:

While reading up on the different types of UPS systems, I learned that
the "online" (always on battery supply) version might be better than
the "line interactive (monitors situation and switches to battery when
necessary). But I couldn't find an online version that wasn't grossly
oversized (and expensive)

This is true. They're mostly designed for fixed installations.

One spec that shows up on line interactive models that is not
applicable to online versions is the switchover or transfer time.
(the time it takes to switch over to battery power after it has
detected some sort of power problem. My unit is listed at 2 to 4
milliseconds

Unless something has a really poor power supply, that should be
adequate, in fact, darn good considering that half a cycle of 60 Hz is
about 8 ms. Any power supply that can't sustain adequate operating
voltage with one half-cycle missing probably doesn't belong in a
trusted piece of audio equipment. But you should of course test it out
to see if it the audio spits or farts when switching, and if it does,
make sure that at least the recording is clean and that you're only
hearing a noise in the monitor.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )