Eddie Runner

Tony Fernandes wrote:

So what exactly ARE the differences that different amps display when
clipping? If we agree that they behave very similarly at unclipped levels,
then what separates the good from the bad in terms of performance when
clipped?

Different amps although they should sound the same when not clipping
and played at the same levels.... can vary greatly in the point at which
clipping and audable distortion starts... THIS is what most folks percieve
as being the sonic differences in amplifiers...

IT CAN CARY GREATLY from one amp to another...

My summation in all of this is as follows...correct me if I am wrong. As
long as my amplifer gives me enough power (volume) without clipping AND has
the features I want, then it really doesn't matter AT ALL which brand I buy
or how much I spend. (durability aside)

I would say thats pretty much true.
Oh, you would also have to overlook the phsycological happienes
of of owning a certain brand name... ;-)

Also...if I'm not mistaken, Richard Clark has never lost $10K to anyone
during one of his challenges. This alone, regardless of someone's grasp (or
lack thereof) of sound reproduction should clear things up a little.

Richard Clark is a ****head... Even if he did loose HE WOULD NOT PAY!

He has LIED on many occasions to sell his products....
He told me once if I bought his tech papers and could find ANY errors
he would reimburse me.... HE DID NOT!!

Although he is an often refered to example, he is not a good person.
and the fact he has never paid is not indicitive that folks never won, IMO
its more indicitive that Richard is a crook...

Eddie Runner