jeffc

"Tony Fernandes" wrote in message
"Believe it or not, one simple test that is often accurate is to weigh 2
different amps. The heavier one will usually sound better (or "perform"
better, depending on how you define "perform".)"

I'd be really interested in hearing your explanation of this.

MZ said it, but so did Trader to begin with. Check out this review of *good*
home amplifiers. These are in the $10,000 range. Search for the word "weight"
and read the whole paragraph. The amp that weighs 10 lbs more costs $1,000
more. It is the "high performance" version of the amp. But note to begin with
that these are expensive amps, and they weigh over 100 pounds. So it goes.
http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/a...amp_iiachp.htm

Like I said to begin with, believe it or not, weight is a pretty decent
indicator of quality (including power output and headroom.) Of course, we're
not talking about tube amps here.