Mark Zarella

By the way, your question regarding sound quality comparisons between
amplifiers may yield more responses in a more technical minded newsgroup,
such as rec.audio.tech.

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Trader wrote:

I apologize if I insulted anyone I just didn't want my post to turn into a
debate about how a amp is suppose to simplify a signal and if it has a flat
response you would only hear a difference when the amps distort or goes into
clipping. I was just surprised how lighter my new Excelon amp felt compared
to the new MTX amp I just bought. I'm not into the weight thing but I've
found that a heavier amps usually means that they are built better. This
is not always the case. The design of the circuit, quality of parts used,
etc. all play a roll in the overall SQ. And yes I was interested in
subjective responses. There are many people who have owned multiple amps
and have taken the time to do comparisons. I'd love to hear their opinions.
I use to own class A car amps which I remember as having a richer sound but
I've never compared them side-by-side to a class AB amp so......Anyway, I'd
still love to hear your opinion.

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message
Hi,

I recently bought a MTX 502 Thunder Amp and it's built like a tank and is
quite hefty. It works great with my 12" sub. My (4) 6 x 9 speakers are