Sawfish

Default How can analog quality possibly be better than digital?

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 18:06:05 GMT, Randy Yates wrote:

Peter Larsen wrote:

Randy Yates wrote:

"An analog phone will give you the richest sound quality and usually
enough range."

Two letters: B.S.

No, with all respect for my "old" 2110, considering its sound quality it
is perfectly correct in _that_ context.

Peter,

I should have also noted the following in my adjacent post.

There are three digital standards in the U.S.: GSM, TDMA, and CDMA.
Each one utilizes multiple voice CODECs (coder/decoder) depending
on various parameters. For example, GSM uses FR (full-rate), HR (half-rate),
EFR (enhanced full-rate), and, recently (like within the year) AMR (adaptive
multi-rate)

Y'all realize that the "an analog phone...." quote referred to
cordless phones, right?

Joe