Posted to rec.audio.tubes
hugeshows hugeshows is offline

Default Restoring a Sherwood S-5000

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 5:49:24 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I notice things have died down a bit.

Anyway, I looked and foud that the S-5000 used the Williaamsin configuration but the S-5000A did not. I had an S-5000A for a while. Damn thing got disconnected from one speaker at some point and had an arced over tube socket. Not happy.

But you got the real McCoy I guess.

So, do anything lately on it ?

A bit, actually. Of late I've been on audioasylum more than here, but I certainly don't mind coming to some sort of conclusion with this thread, and I realize there is more work to do. I recently acquired an S-360, a rare monoblock Sherwood meant to turn the S-4400 unit into a complete stereo amp/preamp, and I will be diving into that soon.

Are there any particular questions still outstanding that you had?

Cheers.