Posted to rec.audio.tubes
buffstereo buffstereo is offline

Default 171a

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 6:15:16 PM UTC-7, buffstereo wrote:
On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 5:23:18 AM UTC-7, Peter Wieck wrote:
On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 2:05:49 AM UTC-4, Paul James wrote:
Does anyone here have any experience with using 171a in a linestage. Thinking of using constant current.

The 71A is a low-gain DHT that is valued and prized by the Vintage Radio community. You in the Audio Community have multiple options for this purpose that do not suck resources from your cousin. Who have, too often, no viable alternatives.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Sorry for my inept response to Peter Wieck as regards 171A triodes. (Repeated attempts, 20 years since I've posted). I'm on the stereo side of the fence cousin, but if only a 171A will save your sweet radio, I'm sure I can find and give it to you for free. Only one, and nobody else, but I get the honest angst of a tube gear lover, so contact me and I'll try to help out. Good luck with your music! Robert Thompson