Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Powering Cambridge 210w 8ohm Sub woofers

On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 9:36:50 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 29/07/2017 12:56 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
Egeoff wrote:
On 28/07/2017 6:03 PM, wrote:
My original hypothesis for this three voice coil design is for 7.1
operation could be the correct one:

No, it is totally ridiculous.

Low Frequency from Channels is send to the subwoofer's 3 voice coil.

This hypothesis is confirmed by this document stating different
magnetic fields will result in a net magnetic field describing the
action/motion taking by the subwoofer. So three voice coil would give
more precise control over waves/cosinus/sinus waves inteferring with
each other.

http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/Dual...oilDrivers.pdf

Since there are only 3 voice coils and 8 signals it would require a
mapping for example:

Voice 1: Left+Center+Right Voice 2: Side Left / Side Right Voice 3:
Rear Right / Rear Left + LFE

This mapping/hypothesis makes the most since to me.

Possibly. but the reason for that is not technical.

You are not our favorite JackAss posting under another name by any
chance ? Because this whole thread would appear to be a trolling
exercise. And if not, you've already spent more time on the project than
it is worth.

geoff

No. Skybuck is a different troll that usually posts to other groups.
Actually, I take that back. He has strong technical interests, but no
technical knowledge base, so he comes up with goofy hypotheses which he
insists are the Gospel truth. He has changed his user ID, which is why he
slipped through my filters.

OK, so goodbye Sky****. Plonk.

Why can't I be as lucky!!??

Look, how about I write for a two bit audio magazine, like Mutt and Jeff do, will you be my friend then!!!??

Jack

geoff