Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] skybuck2000@hotmail.com is offline

Default Powering Cambridge 210w 8ohm Sub woofers

On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 3:13:23 PM UTC+2, Scott Dorsey wrote:
I came across this website:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_crossover

This is one of the few references to "three-way" I came across my investigation as to why a subwoofer would have three voice coils:

"Crossovers are often described as "two-way" or "three-way""

Umm... no. Crossovers can split signals into two or three different
frequency bands, is what they are talking about.

So my latest hypothesis is that this cambridge subwoofer uses different wattage levels to reach different frequency ranges.

No.

Repair man did mention that this design (3x70 watt for subwoofer) is better to handle the "extreme low frequencies".

What you make of that huh ?