Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default UPDATE

Keith. wrote:
"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
David Grant wrote:

Turns out it's an audition for a competition.

Sounds to me like it deserves a professional-sounding recording. It's
cheating to make it DAW-professional (edits, punch-ins, pitch tuning, etc)

This sends a chill down my spine.........cheating is possible and highly
probable.....with a competition involving a recording, the competition is
between the best producer with the best DAW.

This is sadly true.

The auditition should be live in the same theatre with the same judges to
give every performer a fair chance.

The second cut is normally done that way.