Posted to rec.audio.tech, rec.audio.car, rec.radio.shortwave, ba.broadcast
Steven Steven is offline

Default HD RADIO is no worse than DAB or DRM radio

On Nov 21, 11:40 am, Doug McDonald
wrote:
Jason wrote:

A ham buddy of mine who was a transmitter engineer at WLWO, the VOA
station that shared the Mason site with WLW, built a high-tech crystal
set (multiple tuned RF stages) to see how good AM could sound. It was
remarkable.

I once tried a simple single-tuned crystal AM radio connected directly
to a guy wire of a 5 kW AM station, feeding a KEF 105 speaker. It sounded
wonderful.

Doug McDonald

I'm only half a mile away from the towers and I don't need a single
tuned crystal nor does my TV or computer bug it.

I'm not sure why IBOC means much to RRS but then again the IBOC
whiners' cabal/snake reproductive schemers that post these retarded
flaming marshmallows minus chocolate and graham crackers and their
hairdressers do.