Richard Crowley

Default ### Why do this happen to my audio cd's ??? ###

"Alex Rodriguez" wrote ...
Unless the scratches are causing your player to skip,
I wouldn't use the polish. When you polish, you are
thinning out the protective layer.

No. The side you are polishing (the "bottom") is completely
flat and featureless. The information (data pits) are on the
OTHER SIDE of the disk (i.e. under the "label").

Polish enough, and you will damage the disc.

You'd have to polish for years to wear through the entire
thickness of the disk.

OTOH, any significant scratch or poke on the "label" side
is likely fatal and cannot be repaired.

Best bet is to figure out what is scratching your discs
and fix that problem.

Certainly.