Sofie

Default ### Why do this happen to my audio cd's ??? ###

Mark D. Zacharias:
Yes, I agree with you.....
I also have seen this circular pattern of scratching but I think it is
usually attributed to when the CD is ejected it sometimes in some CD players
can still be spinning when it hits the tray..... also, the cartridge
machines by JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, can cause a little "normal" wear and tear
when they "handle" the CD....... the worse offenders are the automotive/car
CD player that take in a single CD from the front....... the rollers can
mar the surface of the disc.... especially if they are worn or dirty.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
newsZxeb.9827
I have seen the occasional unexplained circular pattern of scratching

which
_might_ indicate the lens hit the disc. From a technical standpoint, this
seems nearly impossible, since the lens would have to push up about

another
2 or 3mm. If the drive IC "rails out" I suppose it's possible.
Mark Z.