jriegle

Default ### Why do this happen to my audio cd's ??? ###

The CD player uses light to read the data on the disk. There is no physical
contact other than the center spindle area. It is possible a defective
player could scratch the disk.

If the data side has minor scratches, it is rather easy to polish them out
with plastic polish or automotive finish wax.

I have also seen these overpriced pieces of Mylar that are placed on to the
CD and protect it from scratches.

John

"albert" wrote in message
m...
Will audio CD get scratches if they are played often ? Can using the
fast forward (ex moving from song # 1 to song# 7 )options on your
audio player cause scratches on the the CD ?

I always check the audio CD's I buy and Im lucky enought that 99% of
the ones Ive bought have no scratches when new. Of these 99%
scratchless CD when new
, I noticed that some of them ( specially those I listen to quite
often ) have some scratches. Though these scratches did not result in
skipping nor was there any changes in audio quality, I just wonder why
these scratches came about. My CD player is NOT the portable type so
its just in one place stationary and level . My Cd's are only played
in that player ( Sony brand ) I clean my CD player often and I dont
touch the backside (silverside) of the CD. Im sure no one else touches
them either. I lock my Cd's up after use and Im the only one who has
the keys to it.