Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] air453@gmail.com is offline

Default Vintage Shure 55c, trouble getting good sound quality

On Jan 1, 2:27*pm, "Peter Larsen" wrote:
wrote:

[quoting Scott Dorsey]

Could you live with an omni? ...unusable for PA work, but fine
for TV.

Yeah, I think that's what I might do, though I'm nervous about costs,
but I guess I've already sunk a lot into this, a little more won't
hurt. *I thought the bullet is omnidirectional, but you said its junk,
right?

Digikey has a Panasonic omni electret that will be affordable. The
practicalities of the transplant may of course cost you some if you can't do
it yourself.

Adam

* *Kind regards

* *Peter Larsen

Thank you Peter. I think I will probably be going with something just
like that, but I will have to pay someone for the installation, I
think. I'm willing to spend money to get it right. The mic is now
with an instrument repair man who was very kind and said he would test
the mic for me on his equipment for free, and then said he would look
into finding something to replace the capsule if the original is no
good. I'll see what he says.

Thanks again,

Adam