Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] air453@gmail.com is offline

Default Vintage Shure 55c, trouble getting good sound quality

For WHAT, though? *This is for a TV broadcast application? *For PA?
For what? *Why is it so important that the mike look a particular way?
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Hehe. I'll just come out with it. I am a college sportscaster, and I
would like to use this microphone once or twice for a basketball radio
broadcast at my university station in Washington DC. We have a comrex
hooked up to a phone line (we're not even ISDN), and our headset
microphones are average (though I don't know the model offhand,
sorry). Basically, I was hoping the vintage mic I bought would
compete with the headsets at our station, or even the $20 lapel mic I
bought at radio shack, so you know I'm not looking for pro quality
stuff.

I only wanted the vintage fatboy because I love the way it looks.
It's not for publicity, it's not for TV, it's simply for the sheer joy
of it. I know I'm being a pain in the ass, but this is something that
would make me very happy, and if it works, I will cherish it. I'm
normally very cheap and hate spending money, but in this case, I'm
willing to go for it.

Adam