Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] JamesGangNC@gmail.com is offline

Default Store PA Backgd Music Adjustment

On Monday, June 16, 2014 2:17:32 PM UTC-4, wrote:
1:48 PM Adrian Tuddenham:

LOL you must be from the old school when in-store music was elevator-type!

Our mix is more 'real', a progressive mix( transitions throughout the day) from 1960s-80s to 1990s-Now - original artist recordings.

Think: (9am) Tax Man Shining Star (12pm) You Can Do Magic The Way You Make Me Feel (3pm) All Star Sweet Escape (5pm) Locked Out Of Heaven, Rolling in the Deep. Plus a modern country tune or two thrown in. No rap - this is family retail! lol

Problem is, the store mgr has it down so low you can't even here the store plugs: "This week, save 50 percent on select mark items!!". He says that's how loud it's supposed to be. Plus, the music just pushes me through my day. The assistant takes over, and suddenly you can hear it in the parking lot. lol There's no middle ground!

A lot of those multi channel commercial amps have small gain adjustment controls on the back with each imput. For the purposes of equalizing. Check and see. If so you can back off the input there.