Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default Once upon a midnight clear....

On Jan 7, 3:55*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*Ferstler wrote:
On Jan 7, 4:11 pm, MiNe 109 * wrote:
In article
,

Ferstler wrote:
On Dec 24 2009, 5:35 pm, MiNe 109
wrote:
In article
,
John Atkinson wrote:

On Dec 24, 1:28 pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
'Twas the night before Kroodown, and all 'round Goose Puke...

An oldie but goldie, George. But the foe seems long gone,
if not into that dark night, at least somewhere else.

But Harold Ferstler has reemerged, writing equipment
reports for AudioXpress under the title "Reliable Reviews."

He's beating the same old drum, with ossified thoughts about level
matching, pink noise and even that Villchur live-vs-recorded string
quartet demo.

"Reliable." Gotta give him that!

Stephen

Yo, Stephen. Interesting to see that after me being away for months
and months you still have not found anything better to do with your
life than make smart-assed remarks about me on RAO. Yeah, I am
reliable, and I am also correct.

I made a bunch of other comments that hardly mentioned you at all.

It is interesting that you found a relatively straightforward article
on setting up speaker levels for intelligent comparison work so "old
drum" in concept. How do you compare speakers, bucko? Do you bother to
level match at all, or do you just guesstimate and then revel in your
conclusions?

As for the Villchur demos, well, you have not a clue what you are
talking about.

That would be a failure of your powers of description if you really
think so.

Stephen- Hide quoted text -

You are a paradigm of the modern audio expert and enthusiast. I'll bet
you have never done a refined comparison between speakers or between
amps in your life.

Here's a clue, Howard: *Most people who like listening to their audio
systems and to music haven't, never will, and don't care to.

Amen.