Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] tubeguy@myshop.com is offline

Default The most important tubes ever made.....

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 19:19:24 -0800 (PST), MarkS
wrote:

On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 10:11:51 PM UTC-5, wrote:
The most important tubes ever made.....

12AX7
12AU7
12AT7

6V6
6L6

807

EL34

5U4
5Y3

6X4 or 12X4

35C5 or 50C5

35W4

12BA6

12BE6

6SA7

6SK7 or 12SK7

12SQ7

12AV6

6SN7

A list like this is like a list of the best guitar players ever. But it is good to see activity
in this forum again. So, my list would add the 6550 & 6SJ7GT at least And Billy
Gibbons to the latest guitar picker list I read the other day!

I am glad this forum is still here and sort of active. I enjoy working
on tube equip for my hobby. If I had to work on solid state stuff, my
soldering iron would have been packed away in the attic years ago. I do
on occasion work on some early transistor stuff, but when I see ICs, the
device goes right out the door, untouched.

You added some good tubes to the list.

--
I'm having a problem with the New Year. I keep writing 1920 instead of
2019. Maybe I am showing my age