Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

Default Bi-wiring?

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:07:36 -0800, codifus wrote
(in article ):

On Mar 5, 3:17*pm, "Serge Auckland"
wrote:
"codifus" wrote in message

On Mar 4, 10:14 pm, Sonnova wrote:

I've tried it on a number of different speakers, heard no difference.

Did you try it with different types of music? Like I pointed out
earlier, it's the types of music that will more likely bring out bi-
wiring's advantages. I've seen your posts and noticed that your taste
in music tend to be classical and that you aren't keen on studio
recordings.

Well, IMO a studio recording has the tendency to more fully test the
instantaneous dynamic capability of an audio system than a classical
recording ever will. Classical music doesn't invoke the short term
dynamic that bi-wiring brings out.

I like all types of music; live, studio, classical, hip-hop, reggae
etc. Different types of music can make certain capabilities of a
system more readily apparent than other types.

CD.

But bi-wiring can't make a difference as the laws of physics don't allow it.
So, any ideas that different types of music will show up different
capabilities is pure fantasy.

Really? OK. So, every capacitor, inductor, resistor etc in an
electrical circuit behaves perfectly, as defined by the laws of
physics? No, of course not. Capacitors have resistance, inductors have
capicatance and so forth. It goes to follow that circuits built from
these imperfect components won't behave perfectly, just more or less
perfectly. ------Quite oxymoronic, that last statement, don't you
think?

You resort to the laws of physics which is fine for a textbook case,
which this isn't.

Ever heard the phrase " a difference which makes no difference is no
difference at all"? It applies here. You know, until fairly recently, the
math used to determine resistor, capacitor and inductor sizes for ALL
electronic circuits was calculated using a slide rule. Answers were
approximates to say the least, yet the circuits worked and worked well. That
says that there is a lot of room for error in electronics design and things
aren't that critical - certainly not in audio, anyway.

If you really believe that you can hear bi-wiring making a difference, can
you please suggest a mechanism by which this could be? Please suggest a
hypothesis that can be tested. Please suggest some tests by which we can
verify independently what you suggest is the case. Otherwise, it's just
opinion, with no basis in reality.

I don't recall ever saying it was fact. Just that I observed it, and
believe it. As for tests, I did suggests types of music which would
make the effects of bi-wiring more apparent.

If it was real, it would make itself known in ALL types of music.

I can't give you everything you want EXACTLY as you want it, but I
sure did try.

You did, unfortunately, your observations are of a phenomenon that is highly
unlikely.

S.
--http://audiopages.googlepages.com

CD