Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

Default They don't make it like they used to ...

On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 11:15:43 AM UTC-4, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Ty Ford wrote:

I don't know about you, but up here in Baltimore we have a thriving musicia=
n community that will probably never see a major stage. This also exists in=
DC and that group is even larger. This month I'll be seeing two local acts=
at Germano's in Little Italy. The Abbey Road Jazz Ensemble and Nate Najar'=
s quartet. That's jazz of course, but there's plenty of others. Josh Christ=
ina is a major player with a four piece. You can not sit still when the ban=
d plays.

That's great! Are they making a living doing this or do they have day jobs?

You guys sound like old fogies trapped in your rocking chairs or the two ol=
d guys in the balcony of the Muppets.

Bob can be Waldorf if I can be Stadtler.

The others may not, but Josh does. Please pardon the vertical video, but in this case it was the only way to capture the entire keyboard. We'll be headed out to the Ashland Cafe to see him (again) on Sept. 21st. You'll need to book at least a week in advance. Get there around 6:30. Get dinner. Enjoy the show. They normally do three sets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I4F1NipMGo

The Seldom Scene had day jobs, as I recall. It didn't seem to take away from their music.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seldom_Scene

Here in Baltimore, among many bands, "The Stone Hill Allstars" stands above many for their original music. This CD is one I really like. https://www.divideandconquermusic.co...all-stars-away

Also....while I'm thinking about it, Germano's in Little Italy deserves a LOT of credit for booking live music upstairs. Scroll through the months.

http://germanospiattini.com/calendar-of-events/

Regards,

Ty Ford