Bink

Sean Conolly wrote:
"Tim Padrick" wrote in message

(When you ring out with the FBX, turn the amp inputs
down and run the board hot, so you are hitting the FBX with plenty of

signal

so the detector will work faster. When done, then turn the amps back up.)

That's a tip I've never heard before. I'll have to remember that the next
time I have to work with a FBX.

Sean

Tim's right. Run the board hot and you'll get it to latch onto feedback
freqs much quicker.

The Sabine units are known for their high +30dB input capability so you
have to make sure you are running a nice hot signal into them. Try to
stay balanced as well; an unbalanced insert jack won't drive the Sabine
nearly hot enough.

My one complaint with the Sabine GRQ3102 is the onboard compressor. I
don't think it sounds good. I usually run the signal into a compressor
first then out to the GRQ.

-Bink
--
Michael 'Bink' Knowles