Kurt Foster

Default Scott Dorsey Sebatron Review

Andre Majorel wrote in message ...
In article , Kurt Foster wrote:

Luke is operating under the misguided impression that he somehow can
dictate to RO's administration how we should run the board.

But the real issue, of course, is :

5) The decision to remove the comments posted (the second time)
undermines the public's trust in Sebatron and in Recording.org.

Andre,
The post was removed because RO does not accept reviews outside of the
process. Sebatron was not given a chance to see said "review" before
it was posted and a even Scott says, this is part of the process. Luke
failed to get that right. At RO reviews are placed in our E Mag and
not on the bulletin board. I offered to publish the review but in the
correct place and with the correct procedures. I think Lukas posting
of the review was an instigation to create the fracas we're are all
embroiled in. Why he wanted to do this and at whose behest is
anybodies guess. I have my suspicions but I withhold my thought on
this as I don't wish to unjustly accuse or slander unlike some.

(3) The reason bad reviews are a suicide move is the minute any
publisher places negative reviews, the supply of gear from that
company is stopped. Word of mouth spreads quickly through the
manufacturing community and eventually all supply, from all
manufacturers, is cut off.

If you can only make positive reviews, what is the value of your
reviews ? What's the point of making reviews in the first place ?
Does recording.org contain actual *reviews*, or paraphrases of
the marketing brochures ? Why do I have the feeling I'm stating
the obvious ?

This is no different than a policy of "we don't carry gear that we
don't like". It exactly the same thing. I don't make requests for
pieces I don't think I will like. If I do get something I don't care
for, I don't waste my time writing about it. I don't waste the readers
time by publishing it. There is far too much good gear to talk and
write about to spend my time on things I dislike. Unlike some who seem
to thrive on engaging things that are distasteful to them, I choose to
so simply address something I like.

I have never seen any publication that published a bad review. If you
can show one to me, I would love to see it. Some people try to goad me
into saying negative things in reviews because they know it will harm
my ability to get gear from manufacturers. Like I have "stupid"
tattooed on my forehead ..