Posted to rec.audio.car
Mariachi Mariachi is offline

Default Replace positive wire on HU?

On Feb 28, 12:19 am, Matt Ion wrote:
Mariachi wrote:
The alternator creates current, converting mechanical energy into electrical energy

duh

The battery stores electrical energy.

once again, duh, but more specifically it stores chemical battery acid
cells that a connected in series in order to make 12 V by seperating a
difference in charge.

The battery and the alternator are in a parallel circuit. They do not operate
independently of each other.

really? I didn't know (sarcastic)

Then why have you been repeated claiming thus far that the battery is always
powering the amps because they're connected to it directly while the alternator
is powering everything else?

Nevermind... I'm through with you. You're too thick.

Yes, I was wrong, but I did ask you a question in which you didn't
answer at all, instead you completely avoided the question altogether
and somehow got the impression that I didn't believe you the first
time after you corrected me... I asked

If the alternator doesn't supply enough
amperage to power up your stereo system, doesn't it take excess energy
from the battery to compensate for the alternator... Does it solely
depend on the amperage that the alternator is putting out... or both
the battery and the alternator. So if my amplifier requires 30 amps
and my alternator only supplies 12 amps at the moment... doesn't the
battery supply the other 18 amps?

instead you decided to criticize me again (acting like I'm thick-
headed, and in some cases i am) and again decided to reinforce the
fact that the alternator provides all the current without no help from
the battery even when the current demand goes over the limit of the
alternator (never answering my question). Anyways, sorry for the
confusion... i don't like to argue, i just like to learn... arguing
turns me off.