Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default OK - A Small Survey

On 2/21/17 12:35 PM, Peter Wieck wrote:
a) How many here actually have used a soldering iron on their own electronics in cold blood?

Yes.

b) How many here can read and understand a schematic well enough to make parts and quality decisions?

I can read a schematic. I would have trouble deciding on quality at the
margin.

c) How many here believe that there is a direct (if not necessarily linear) correlation between sound and cost?

I know that's not true. I've found a lot of so-called pro gear is
better than high end products costing many times more. This may be more
true now than 40-50 years ago. I don't know about that. I've also
found I can't really discern much difference between really expensive
stuff and astronomically expensive stuff. I have the same problem with
wine.

d) How many here have dedicated (single-purpose) listening rooms?

Dedicated but not single purpose. I also have a desk there.