Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Recommendatons bias settings for KT88 and KT90

On Sep 11, 1:58 am, Wessel Dirksen wrote:
Hi Guys,

I've been droping in again as I have some time and ideas. Even if my
amps sound good, after awhile you still want to do something different
and start taking them apart again. LOL

I was hoping to get some opinions about the "sweet spot" for KT88 and
KT90's. I bought a set of both. PP 4x power tubes at AB1 with B+ 425V.
I want to run a bit rich on class A if possible. What sounds best with
a descent life span?

BTW, I also got some NOS EI 6CG7's. Wow, what a diference a tbe makes!

Thanks,

Wessel

http://hereford.ampr.org/Tube4.php?tube=6550

A start.