Jay Kadis

Jay Kadis wrote:

In article znr1101002018k@trad, (Mike Rivers)
wrote:

Sigh . . . Yeah, I know, Sony Parts Department. Nobody seems to ever
have the patience to get through any more.

Does someone have a service manual for the PCM-501 to lend, or at
least a schematic? The meters on mine are intermittent - probably a
bad capacitor or solder joint or IC or sumthin' in the audio driver.
The "Tracking" mode always works, sometimes one channel meter
indicates audio, sometimes both channels, sometimes neither channel,
doesn't matter if it's input or playback.

Probably something simple if I just knew where to look.

And, yes, I really do use the 501, so don't suggest that I just use a
computer for recording.

I'm pretty sure I have the manual (and possibly an extra copy) at work.
I'll look Monday and let you know.

-Jay

Well, I have 2 copies of the 701 service manual, but all I have on the 501 is
the operator's manual.

-Jay
x CCRMA, Stanford University x
http://www.offbeats.com/ x