Posted to rec.audio.opinion
bassett bassett is offline

Default Tweeter replacement for Kef 107

"Kalman Rubinson" wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 10:35:14 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

Actually....the term impedance implies a complex
model that will vary response with frequency.

I think you're confusing nominal impedance.

Not confusing the terms but, unfortunately, I didn't use the correct
ones explicitely. As you state, the nominal impedance is almost
always offered but the complex impedance graph less commonly.

I am in agreement with you that swapping drivers is a crap-shoot
unless one is willing and able to undertake a potential redesign.

Kal

It comes down to how much work your prepaired for, if you just want
the same result, by all means go for the KEF replacements, They
should be the same values as the one's there replacing, and should not
require any work on the crossovers. Plus, they will fit.

If you deside on the Vifa's Scan Speak, or whatever, for best results
you will need to play with the "cap' values
in the crossover, to obtain a balanced result,
As our friend states above, it's a "crap-shoot" you can buy the worlds
best, but get the crossover values wrong, and they will sound like crap,
and the cheapest tweeters around with good matching crossover componants
will sound like the "ducks nuts" It's all about trial and error

bassett