Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

Default Hail Mary for my sustain pedal.

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message ...

On 12/26/2019 8:41 PM, Tobiah wrote:
I went to play a piano piece tonight, and the sustain pedal wasn't
working. Yamaha So8 - USB MIDI - Windows 10 - any program I try.

This is a long shot since I don't know your hardware, but have you tried
to see if your sustain pedal is working backwards? Some pedals are
normally off, some are normally on, and some have a switch. Same for
some keyboards. If your pedal is normally off and the keyboard thinks
that normal is with the switch on, it will act like it's not working.
Could be that something got switched the wrong way.

Good thought, but if that were the case wouldn't all the notes be sustaining
when not pressing the pedal and the sustaining stop when pressing?

Poly