Posted to rec.audio.pro
Peter Stevens Peter Stevens is offline

Default Mac Pro 2019

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 3:41:50 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I've been using Mac Pro desktops with PCI slots for many years. It's a great machine, very well built and quiet. But this new model seems so over the top in terms of base price and expensive add-ons it seems Apple has truly reached the highest level of greed.

https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

With only SSD storage options adding immensely to the cost I wonder who this is geared towards. It's out of my price range these days but I do like internal PCI slots since I favor AES audio via the Lynx AES PCI card coupled with Lavry Blue converters.

Gary V

An option I chose: The iMac Pro. ~$5Gs for 32 gig of RAM, super-fast processor, large SSD, good graphics card and great screen. I can run very large sessions with tons of plug-ins, VIs, my UAD system running more plugs and the Cue Mix with no sluggishness or hesitation. I sometimes have a vocalist or acoustic bass player in the booth with me . . . no issue of fan noise. Love it!