Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dieter Michel Dieter Michel is offline

Default Can you ID these headphones?

Hi ,

These look for me like Sony noise-cancelling headphones,
like e.g. the MDR-1000X.

Someone else on another forum came up with Sony's but the
ones in the pic appear to be wired and all the MDR-1000X
phones I find are wireless.

I'm not familiar with this line of Sony headphones
but I presume that you can also operate them wired,
e.g. when the battery is empty or you just want a
safer connection to your audio source.

I don't know why that headphone is used in the
situation depicted in the link you provided.
Is it a TV show or a YouTube video?

In TV, I would expect some kind of in-ear-monitoring
to be used, so that there would not be a visible
headphone and still be some sound insulation due to
the ear mold.

So maybe the phones are used here just because the
talent likes the sound or for some reason needs the
extra sound cancelling an active-noise-cancelling headphone
would provide?

Best regards,

Dieter