Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Sibelius and Finale

On 12/10/2018 5:43 AM, Tobiah wrote:

I'm not close to the industry, but my brother is a composer.Â* Last I
knew he favored Finale.Â* I had the impression Finale was the standard.
Perhaps things have changed.

I was googling around to see whether there was any engraving work, and
the ads that specified mandated experience with Sibelius.Â* The buzz
has always been getting going with Sibelius is quicker, while there
are simply things you're not going to be able to do unless you have Finale.

I'm a Finale guy ever since it was shipped on a single floppy disk.
Certain core aspects of it haven't changed since then.Â* Only about
a year ago they claimed to have re-written everything in an object-oriented
style, but the interface hasn't changed much.

Once in while I download a Sibelius demo and don't get far enough
to make a fair comparison.

I'm just wondering if the industry is making the change to Sibelius
and whether that's driven by accessibility or capability.

Tobiah

A local university jazz school here favours, I believe, Siblius.

geoff