Posted to rec.audio.pro
AndyP AndyP is offline

Default Selecting 8-chan micpre/ADAT interface

Mike Rivers wrote:

For what it's worth, I have a Mackie 800R and it sounds just fine. I
can't compare it to the others because I haven't heard them. I
actually found a use for the impedance switch that's on the first two
channels. The CAD 7000 ribbon mic that I reviewed sounded best when
switched to 500 ohms. Everything else around here sounds best when
switched to the highest impedance, so I guess it's no big deal, but
something to try.

The M-S matrix is pretty neat. Wish there were two pairs like that.

Hi Mike, do you know how the variable impedance is accomplished on the
Mackie 800R?

Thanks,
Andy