Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] henryk@usc.edu is offline

Default Help needed on dithering in Sound Forge using Waves L2

Hi Allen,
Thank you so much, I think now I understand. I just need to find in
Sound Forge the option to capture to 16-bit.

Henry

On Mar 16, 10:27 am, Allen Corneau wrote:
On 3/16/07 11:30 AM, in article
. com, "

wrote:
L2 as my last plugin. In L2 I turn on the dithering (16-bit quantize,
Type1, Ultra) and I process the file. The dithering on in L2 did not
change the file into 16-bit!

SoundForge maybe capturing a 24-bit word, but the file is dithered to
16-bit. If you want, tell SoundFroge to capture at 16-bit. Cut a CD from the
file and you'll be fine.

Just make sure you don't do ANY other processing (volume change, fade out,
etc...) otherwise you'll be creating another 24-bit word.

Allen
--
Allen Corneau
Mastering Engineer