Posted to rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic,rec.audio.pro
Marc Wielage[_2_] Marc Wielage[_2_] is offline

Default The Charts and 1-Hit Wonders

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 03:35:53 -0700, Mike Brown wrote
(in article ):

There are still a few CD shops around, generally the better ones have
survived. I ordered a triple CD Leonard Cohen set the other day.

Maybe down under, but dedicated CD stores are an endangered species in LA.
I'm not sure if there's anybody that just sells new CDs and nothing else. We
have Amoeba, which is a California chain of used CD & LP stores, but all the
other chains -- Tower Records, Virgin Music, etc. -- have all vanished.
And the CD bins at the major electronic retailers here (Best Buy, Fry's,
etc.) are getting smaller and smaller. Very sad.

--MFW