Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Audiophilia in the 21st Century

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

See my response to Steven. I am simply reporting what I
have heard.

In 1488, the queen of Spain stood on the western shore of Spain and said:

"The world is flat, I am simply reporting what I have seen"

What digiphobes hear is sound, produced by loudspeakers. There are not
little voices saying "empty spaces, empty spaces" or "digital harshness,
digital harshness".

The reason why the sound is perceived as it is, would be the consequence of
both sensation and integration with memories and knowledge.

It is possible to have the perception of sound without actual sensation, so
it would seem to be that the memories and knowledge can be of far greater
importance than mere sensation.