Arny Krueger

Default Correcting the record

John Atkinson wrote:
I have left your message below in its entirety, Mr. Krueger, because
it seems largely to
consist of random neuron firing on your part. To address and correct
each or every part
of what you say, whether it is relevant or not, is beyond both my
stamina and my time.

To sum up:

1) You claimed to hear program content in the 6Hz region over
headphones at
moderate spls.

An intentional false claim. Just goes to show that even when corrected many
times, the Atkinson-automaton cannot be reprogrammed.

This is an extraordinary claim, that contradicts the
published
literature on human hearing sensitivity.

In fact Atkinson presented zero independent evidence to support his claims
about infrasonic perception. Such evidence that he did provide contradicts
itself.

I pointed that out and
offered an
alternative explanation for your test results.

Atkinson, you've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are incapable of
telling the truth. You obviously can't be depended on to read the frequency
scale of well-known audio references such as the Fletcher-Munson curve.

2) Upon examination of your test procedure, it appeared you were
inserting a high-pass filter.

Gratuitous self-aggrandizing use of the phrase "it appeared" In fact
Atkinson was told this information in simple, clear English.

Prior work (Fincham) indicates that the in-band phase error
due to the filter is likely to be the cause for you perceiving

differences.

The Fincham work alluded to has never been cited in this thread by Atkinson.
Given that he's already proven himself to be both a liar and incapble of
properly interpreting common audio references, this comment can be
completely ignored.

3) You agree with me that this is what you were testing for.

At this point Atkinson has made false claims, improper interpretations of
well-known reference materials, and cited a phantom work. It is impossible
to discern what I might be agreeing with. Therefore, the only safe thing for
me to do is to disagree.

4) You agree with my past writing that it is a good thing to eliminate as

many
high-pass filters in the recoridng and playback chain as possible.

The Atkinson work alluded to has never been cited in this thread by
Atkinson. Given that he's already proven himself to be both a liar and
incapble of properly interpreting common audio references, this comment can
be completely ignored.

5) You would extend this to the loudspeakers.

A figment of Atkinson's imaginataion.

6) You disgree with me that recordings with content in the 6Hz region are
very rare. As I have analyzed many recordings and not found many to have
any infrasonic information, please give examples of such recordings.

http://www.pcavtech.com/abx/basscds.htm