TheBIessedDead

Default Cold temperatures vs. sub surround

It's been anywhere between 20 and -12 degrees farenheit where I live for the
last two weeks. Will pushing my subs hard at that temperature hurt the
surrounds before they've had a chance to warm up? Should I listen at a
lower volume until they've come up in temp a little? 2 Soundstream EXACT10s
in an aperiodic box.

Tony

I've kinda been wondering the same thing about my deck/amp/speakers. We've
been having some record colds this year, and while not too cold compared to
some places (10-20 degrees), I have been wondering how this can affect
electronic equipement.

I remember when I worked on a ship in Alaska, I worked in the freezer hold
which was -30, and I brought my portable cd player down there with me a few
times... I would keep the cd player in the pocket of my freezer suit, but it
didn't take long for it to crap out on me.

Nick