Daniel Snooks

Default Need help wiring speakers

Chris Fonville wrote
Well is 40 x 4 for 6 speakers good?

Maybe.

The 40W rating is considered a Maximum and should not be used to decide how
loud things will get, how high you can set the volume without clipping, nor
how many speakers you can run 'properly'. If you listen to your system right
now and are satisfied with the quality/quantity of music it gives you, then
smile and enjoy. If you feel something is lacking, let us know, and we will
try our best to explain how you can go about improving that area.

Or should I consider getting a new cd
player?

That's entirely up to you. Given the cheap issue with getting another one, I
can't imagine that you will see any improvements even if it claims to have
more power (ie. 50W x 4)

I'd like to have one that plays MP3s anyway, if I could find one
cheap.
Chris

Perhaps something used? That would help keep the price down.