Chris Fonville

Default Need help wiring speakers

Alright, thank you. One more question, I can fit the speaker in, but it
doesn't look like any holes line up for the screws. Will I have to drill
new holes in the plastic? I was tod and have read that my cars speaker size
is 7", so I would need to get 6 3/4" and that 6 1/2" will work. Can I also
pick up something to mount the speaker with? Thanks,
Chris

"mayhemkrew" wrote in message
goto your local best buy or circuit city shop and pick up a speaker

harness.
It will adapt the factory speaker harness to your new speakers, it also
helps with knowing which wire is positive and which is negative. They

only
cost like $5.99 a pair. Bring in your old factory speaker so the guys can
get you the correct harness on your first visit.

"Chris Fonville" wrote in message
This is my first time installing speakers, so I'm new at the whole

thing.
have taken my door panel off and have removed my old factory speakers.
However, the wiring isn't the same (the factory speakers have the
connections right beside each other in an L shape, while my new speakers
have the two metal pieces separated about an inch). How should I go

about
wiring the new speakers? Will I have to cut the wire from the black
connector? I don't have anything to solder with, so how would I attache

the
wires? Thanks in advance for any help,
Chris