Michael Lauengco

(Sidhu) wrote in message . com...
Hi,
ive just moved into this small place with the intention of making it
into as much of a workable project room as possible. There are two
rooms. One 10*10 and another 14*10 (yet to measure the ceiling. The
14*10 is where i have the DAW and i got the other room carpeted, this
is where i record.

The 10x10 dimensions (assuming they are in feet) are going to make the
room quite difficult to treat. Not only is the room very small, the
same dimension is repeated, thus intensifying the modes in that
dimension. I would suggest building a closet, say 1.5' deep, to
reduce one of the dimensions to 8.5' so they won't be the same. You
didn't mention the height. That's an important consideration, too.
Then you will need lots of absorption in this room especially on the
corners. Hop over to the following site, click on Acoustic Forums,
then Treatment, then Studio Tips Super Chunk, and check out this very
effective DIY broadband absorber:

http://www.studiotips.com

Take the time to read the introductory articles, too. There's so much
you need to know to be able to treat a room properly, especially a
room that small!

As for availability of materials, I hope you have rock wool or any
rigid fiberglass with a density of around 2.8 lbs/cu-ft in India.

Good luck!

--Michael