Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.tubes,sci.electronics.repair
Jim Mueller Jim Mueller is offline

Default What type of capacitor should I use?

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 18:04:32 +0000, analogdial wrote:

Dan wrote:

Give this site a try.

https://www.tedss.com/LearnMore/Amer...ade-Capacitors

Right on the first page:

"Think all capacitors made in the Far East are cheap, noisy, low
quality."

'If you are looking for quality components, then TEDSS.com is for YOU.'

"Americans put a man on the moon in 1969 with American-made capacitors.
The greatest military power in the world was made by using High Quality
American Made apacitors."

Wow. I suppose the grammar and spelling are about what you'd expect
from a Usenet loon, but subpar for a vendor trying to sell quality.

And, for what it's worth, I DON'T think ALL capacitors made in the Far
East are cheap, noisy, low quality. And as soon as I hear that the
Chinese have mastered the art of making "High Quality apacitors.", I'll
be doubling up on my Mandarin lessons.

And if you look at their listings, the capacitors are made by a mix of
manufacturers, some that I've heard of, some not. It appears that they
are a surplus house.

--
Jim Mueller

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with dadoheadman.
Then replace nospam with fastmail. Lastly, replace com with us.