Paul van der Heu

Default Behringer mixers

"Mike Faithfull" wrote :

I don't knowingly have personal experience of the best Mackie ever
made, but I have used a small Mackie console (CFX12?) beside my
Behringer UB2442 on small gigs - one for the monitors and the other
for FOH. To my untrained ears and inexperienced hands, the Behringer
is the better unit.

I have four mixers at hand:

Behringer DDX3216
Spirit LX7-24
Mackie 16.8
A&H GL3300

I did a head to head with a multitrack recording and here's the results:

1. DDX 3216.. Cleanest sound, best definition
2. GL3300 .. almost as good, but too much boom
3. 16.8 .. problems with definition, dull sounding overall
4. LX7-24 .. sounds like recording through a mudpool..

I am selling all but the Behringer and getting another one.. Hell from the
sale of just the A&H I should be able to get two..;^)

--
Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows,
how are you gonna guarantee my safety..