MINe 109

ansermetniac wrote:

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 00:06:12 GMT, "Carl Valle"
wrote:

I submit that this file sounds considerably better than the one submitted
for
opinion by Abbedd

I never asked for an opionion of my mp3. I asked for an opinion on why
cds are juiced

If all cds but one sound bad to me, I'd take another look at my
equipment. Digital had some growing pains, but one surprise for me when
I substantially upgraded my system was how good certain early cds sound.
You haven't mentioned your source, but it could be you are using a
computer and sound card. This can work, but there are inherent drawbacks
that have to be overcome, fan noise and the like.

As for pop and jazz,learn who the 'good guys' are. These names aren't
guarantees of great sound but you stand a better chance when you see
Steve Hoffman, Vic Anesini, Fine, et al, just as I think twice about an
Inglot or Peter Mew or Jon Astley.

On the other hand, you may have succeeded in eq'ing to your satisfaction
on your system. Bravo, but don't expect the results to translate to
other systems.

Stephen