Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Stereo receievers: THD of .04 vs. .08

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Sorry, this bloody country and its apparent desire to
dumb down everything to the extent that they now give
away graduate degrees with the Corn Flakes is getting to
me.

I don't know what you're talking about, Graham. I have two children with
PhDs and one with a BS and a MBA. I've monitored the work they did to get
the degrees they've got, and it was a whole lot more than opening a box of
Wheaties. ;-)

As it should be. Education at that level *should* be HARD ! That's the whole
point of it.

I take it their degrees aren't in 'media studies' or the like then !

I also know a little something about their IQs and mental abilities. None of
them are slouches in the IQ department to say the least, but their generally
useful thinking ability ranking pretty much reverses the order of their IQs.
I think that they would all agree with that evaluation, as well.

Other than a few bleeding souls, most adults with very high IQs keep that
info pretty quiet.

It seems you missed the point of my post.

I'm pleased to hear you have smart high-achieving kids. Did they not ever
encounter 'peer pressure' to be stupid ?

Graham