Sander deWaal

Walther said:

Hello again,

anybody interested in having a look at the "trash" I pulled from the
rubble - feel free to do! Here´s a link to some pics of that find
(caveat: bandwidth required since these pictures are quite large):

http://www.in4tec.de/PICS/RADFORD/luckyfind.html

Anything I better should know about these amps (I´m a rookie)?

Nice find!
This looks like a STA25. There must be a GZ34 rectifier in as well.
The SC22 preamp is powered from the main amp, looks like they even
left the octal cable in there for you :-)

Before powering up, check if the bent sheet of the SC22 doesn't cause
any short circuit somewhere. Also, check the main amp's innards for
any damage
Despite the use of an indirectly heated tube rectifier, it's still
best to power it up through a variac if possible, or use a 100W
lightbulb in series with the mains.
That way, you can monitor whether there are any bad supply capacitors.
Secondly, check the output tubes' bias, there are bias testpoints at
the rear. Keep open the possibility of leaking coupling caps to the
grids of the EL34s. In that case, they'll draw excessive current and
will soon be worn out.
Check for red glowing plates and/or screen grids of the EL34s.
If everything looks OK, you can check if the supply voltage is OK.
I think it ought to be in the 380...400V range at the first supply
cap.

Viel Spass mit deinen Verstaerker , er hat ein wirklich guten Klang
wenn alles stimmt und ist immer noch sehr beliebt bei vielen
Musikfreunde :-)

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."